Thursday, March 14, 2002

Resquested some catalogs for grad school today, SVA and Art Institute Chicago. I'll probably get some more once I remember schools with decent programs. I don't know if I'm seriously considering Grad school or if it's just something to occupy my time. I mean I'm not thinking of going till 2004 so that's time to do or not do. I have no portfolio of personal work, and I've never really made a portfolio of that except for the platinum/ palladium class I did with Craig Stevens. Trying to create a body of work that I can then cull 20 images from is just a big wall to me. I've always used the excuse that since I create images and not shoot what I find doing a large number of images is a big undertaking so 5-10 images is max for me. Also finding a subject to explore is another hurdle...I mean I've still got those Major Arcana images from the Tarot simmering in the back of my head and there's always the mythological narritives I used in Pt/Pd class. Passion... that's something my work has always lacked, I don't know if it's even possible to create that passion that I see other people have for their work... that ability to keep going regarless what people think about your work just because you believe in it and that it speaks to you.

Subject...Method...Madness...Creation...Execution...Production...

"...there is only Do and Not Do there is No Try...." Yoda Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back

Ed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home