Saturday, March 02, 2002

I use to find myself writing a lot in the past. I would write monologs with stage directions and music choices and then send these to my friends, the would serve as letters. I always hated the How are you?... I am fine, I hope you are fine too, so this was a way for me to say what I wanted to and act like I was there talking to the person. Anywho, I don't write that much anymore so I've decide to start this little excercise and keep a journal. I've tried to keep a paper journal over the years but I'd get caught up trying to write some great literature for the ages and mark out paragraph after paragraph because I changed my mind then I'd tear out pages because it looked bad to have all those black paragraphs. But when I work on the computer I can just go free wheeling down some stream of consciosness and hope my fingers can keep up with me. So that's what this will be a collection of strange thoughts and ramblings along with bit's and pieces of a story I have been telling myself over the past year.

I guess first things first Why call it Mr. Fong's? My name's not Fong [it's Ed btw] , I'm not even remotely Chinese and I have never met anyone named Fong. Mr Fong's an imaginary (at least in my world) little Dim Sum restaurant in "the city". This city could be New York but since I've only been there (New York) 3 times I don't want to be held by any cartological constraints, so I just say the city. The restaurant is kind of a home base for the little vingettes I create involving myself, the staff of this restaurant and an every changing array of customers.

Somewhere I have the first apperance of Mr. Fong's, I'll try to find it and post it tomorrow. I think that's a fair start...Ed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home